[R] R Newbie Question/Data Model

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Apr 24 21:48:29 CEST 2008

First off there are multiple definitions of "best", you need to decide
which "best" is best for you.

Second, for reasonable definitions of "best", deciding between, linear,
polynomial, and ... Requires backgroud knowledge and real thought.

R can fit many different models and give you numerical and graphical
summaries of those models, but determining the "best" model requires at
least 1 person, some actual knowledge, and some real thought.

Basic steps:  Take a bunch more statistics classes and/or hire a
statistician.

If you can come back with a bit more of an example of what you are
trying to accomplish along with background, what you mean by best, and
show what your thought process has been so far, then we may be able to
direct you better.  You should also read through the posting guide that
is linked to at the bottom of most posts to the group.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org