[R] Sum of random values

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Apr 25 17:16:10 CEST 2008

You might want to look at the distr package (and its relatives).  It
provides methods for calculating the distribution function of
combinations (the sum is one) of other distributions.  I'm not sure how
you would convert your percentiles to a distribution function, but there
may be a way in the documentation for distr and friends.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org