[R] quasi-random sequences

baptiste Auguié ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Apr 26 20:13:53 CEST 2008

Thank you all for the great suggestions and comments. As two of you
pointed out, the problem was not well defined (who said a well-posed
problem is a problem solved?), and also it seems to be a very wide
topic. I've had an interesting reading discussing the similarities
between half-toning in black and white printing, and the quasi Monte
Carlo integration technique [1].

I'm trying the suggested ways plus a few other things, I'll put
together a summary of my discoveries when I've clarified it all.

Thanks again,

baptiste

[1] "Halftoning and Quasi-Monte Carlo," K. M. Hanson, Sensitivity
Analysis of Model Output, K. M. Hanson and F. M. Hemez, eds., pp.
430-442 (Los Alamos Research Library, 2005)

Baptiste Auguié

Physics Department
University of Exeter
Stocker Road,