[R] Grouped data

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 28 02:45:06 CEST 2008

I have been given some data in summary form, as means and standard
deviations for a number of studies. I want to combine some studies to
obtain overall means and standard deviations and also to carry out
t-tests.

Obviously I can write code to do this but most likely someone has doone
this already. Can anyone provide a pointer to such code?

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
 		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics
Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics