[R] completion doesn't work anymore

Ralf Goertz R_Goertz at web.de
Mon Apr 28 10:27:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

after updating to 2.7.0, command line completion doesn't work anymore. I
understand that the package rcompgen is now part of utils. I hadn't used
rcompgen before but completion worked without it (I double checked it
using an 2.6.2 version on another machine). Now, it doesn't work, even
after switching on all option via "rc.settings". I updated R using the
opensuse 10.3 repository.

For instance I have a data frame d. When I enter

d$<Tab><Tab>

I see a list of files in the current directory instead of the names in
the data frame.

What can I do to turn it back on?

rg at server:~> R --version
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

You are welcome to redistribute it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License version 2.
For more information about these matters see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.