[R] Use of recordPlot

Beck, Kenneth (STP) Kenneth.Beck at bsci.com
Mon Apr 28 20:41:24 CEST 2008

HUGE help, thanks...

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org]
On Behalf Of Mike Prager
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:05 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [R] Use of recordPlot

"Beck, Kenneth (STP)" <Kenneth.Beck at bsci.com> wrote:

To be able to page through plots, open the graphics device with
recording turned on before plotting. Then you can use PageUp and
PageDown keys to see the plots in sequence. The plots are stored into
.SavedPlots.  (AFAIK they cannot be accessed with replayPlot. I don't
use that, but I think it is used when a plot has been saved into a
variable with the recordPlot function.)

To enable this sort of session-specific recording, I use the following
code in an script before plotting:

graphics.off()
windows(record = TRUE)
.SavedPlots <- NULL

* The first line closes any open graphics devices.
* The second line opens a new device (here a windows device, but you
could use X11) with plot recording turned on.
* The third line erases any plots already stored in the plot-recording
history. If you don't do this, they will persist across script runs and
even sessions.

You may need to change the code to suit your own needs.

Does that help?

Mike

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC