[R] Simulation study in R

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 09:04:49 CEST 2008

Are the pairs (x,y) belong to some lattice or can
change continuously?
Does f assume some discrete values (or is constant on
sets of positive measure)? If not then it will be hard
to randomly select x and y which satisfy the exact
equality (this still can happen since there are
finitely many computer numbers, but their number is
quite large!). So if f change continuously you may
need the condition |f(x,y) - c| < epsilon for some
epsilon > 0.

Regards,

Moshe.