[R] resolution (dpi) problem

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 14:09:39 CEST 2008

Chris Walker wrote:
> To all those who helped with this problem (Ted, Jon, Marc and Prof. Ripley).
> When I submitted the postscript files to the journal, I had given them the
> extension ".ps" even though they were (of course) encapsulated postscript. I
> decided to simply rename the files with the .eps extension and resubmit.
> This time the images were accepted without question. It would appear to be a
> case of someone assuming that I had submitted postscript without bothering
> to check that it was encapsulated.

It looks like the default extension on the 'Save as postscript' menu is
'.ps'. That's both from the 'File' menu and the right click menu over
the graphic device.

I wonder if it might make sense to change that to '.eps', since the
output is encapsulated postscript. Might help to avoid this in the future.

Marc