[R] How to plot wind direction and strength field

Jenny Barnes jmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 14:26:27 CEST 2008

Thanks Jim - here is some data:

u <- array(NA,c(5,8))
t <- seq(from=0.5, to=0.11,length=15)
t2 <- seq(from=(-0.7),to=(-0.1),length=25)
u[1:15] <- t
u[16:40] <- t2
v <- array(NA,c(5,8))
y <- seq(from=(-0.9), to=(-0.01),length=40)
v[1:40] <- y

I've made up the data but it's similar magnitude and the longitude
direction is u and latitude direction is v as in the real data.

I really appreciate your help!

Jenny