[R] How do you test for "consecutivity"?

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Tue Apr 29 18:14:25 CEST 2008

This will work:

my.list <- c(2, 28, 31, 4, 27)
sort(my.list)
diff(sort(my.list))
any(diff(sort(my.list)) == 1)

the middle two lines are only to illustrate what's going on.

Best wishes!

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com