[R] randomForest weighting of variables and count data

Birgit Lemcke birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Wed Apr 30 11:34:16 CEST 2008

Hello R-user!

I am running R 2.7.0 on a Power Book (Tiger). (I am still R and
statistics beginner)

I try to find the most important variables to divide my dataset as
given in a categorical variable using randomForest.

I was wondering if there is the possibility in randomForest to give
different weights to the explaining variables and additonally if it
makes a difference using count data?

Thanks in advance

Birgit

Birgit Lemcke
Institut für Systematische Botanik
Zollikerstrasse 107
CH-8008 Zürich
Switzerland
Ph: +41 (0)44 634 8351
birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch

175 Jahre UZH
«staunen.erleben.begreifen. Naturwissenschaft zum Anfassen.»
MNF-Jubiläumsevent für gross und klein.
19. April 2008, 10.00 Uhr bis 02.00 Uhr
Campus Irchel, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zürich
Weitere Informationen http://www.175jahre.uzh.ch/naturwissenschaft