[R] c code working in linux and hanging in windows

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:03:57 CEST 2008

Vidhu Choudhary <vidhu.choudhary <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
> I am calling some c code from R.
> It successfully makes the dll and .so files.
> When I run .so in Linux is works prefect but hangs in windows. Though the
> dll loads but it never returns back from the c function
>
> Can you please suggest the possible cause of this
>
> thank you
> vidhu

   This isn't enough detail for us to work with (you
might have gotten lucky and this problem would have rung
a bell for someone, but I guess not).  Therefore, you
need to go back and do the hard stuff -- try to create
a minimal example (you will often figure out the problem
in the process), tell us what versions of R, compiler, OS
you are using, etc etc etc ...

  Ben Bolker