[R] ordering a factor in boxplot output

Tubin sredmonson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 20:40:08 CEST 2008

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious in the documentation...

I'm generating a boxplot
boxplot(CleanValue~ApptCategory*ReportingCode,data=newfile)
where ApptCategory is a factor with possible values ("New","Established")

Problem is, the output orders those factors alphabetically, and I'd really
rather see New come first. I'm apparently confused by the "reorder" function
because somehow my attempts to apply it have resulted in reversing the
labelling (so now the established boxes are labelled as new).

What am I missing?  Thanks.