[R] Lattice: Changing the names of conditional variables in strips to mathematical expressions

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 2 12:15:24 CEST 2008

Hi Andrew,

This does it as part of the call.  I have increased the height of the strip
and added italic for the second name only.

densityplot(~density|type,data=Query,plot.points="jitter",ref=TRUE,width="sj",
	panel=function(x, ...){
	panel.grid(h=-1, v=-1)
	panel.densityplot(x, ...) },
	par.strip.text=list(lines=1.5),    ## incr. line height
	strip=strip.custom(factor.levels=c(expression((sqrt(Gower^{1}))),
               expression((sqrt(italic(Kulczynski)^{1}))))))

HTH, Mark.