[R] RE SHAPE package question.

Roy Mendelssohn Roy.Mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Sat Aug 2 22:22:11 CEST 2008

so that you don't get too badly flamed, please do read the posting
guide.  Give a short, reproducible example of code and data that
reproduces you error  (i.e. what was the reshape command you tried to
use).

-Roy M.

On Aug 2, 2008, at 1:07 PM, hpdutra wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to reorganized my data sets so that it is easy for MARK
> to read
> it.
> Basically I have the encounter histories of 1837 butterflies
> The data looks like this the first 4 columns are the occasions and
> the last
> two code for male and female
>
>> t1  t2  t3  t4   M   F
>> 1    0   0    0   1   0  male capture on time1 but not seen on
>> time 2, 3
>> and 4
>> 1    0   0    0   1   0  male capture on time1 but not seen on
>> time 2, 3
>> and 4
>> 1    0   0    0   0   1  female capture on time1 but not seen on
>> times 2,
>> 3 and 4
>> 1    0   1    1   1   0  male captured on time 1, not seen on time 2,
>> recaptured on time 3 and 4
>> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on
>> time 2,
>> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4
>> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on
>> time 2,
>> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4
>> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on
>> time 2,
>> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4
>
> and I want to convert that into
>
>> t1  t2  t3  t4   M  F
>> 1    0   0    0   2  1   Two males and 1 female captured on time1
>> but not
>> seen on time 2, 3 and 4
>> 1    0   1    1   1  3   One male and two females captured on time
>> 1 and ,
>> not seen on time 2, recaptured
>                                 on time 3 and 4
>
> I tried to melt it using reshape, but I am getting odd results!
>
> Any help is good help!
> --
> guide.html

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst