[R] Will This Computer Run 64 bit Ubuntu/R?

Tom La Bone booboo at gforcecable.com
Sun Aug 3 17:04:04 CEST 2008

After doing some reading about 64-bit systems and software I am still
somewhat uncertain about some things. I have a Dell Dimension XPS 400 with a
dual core Intel Pentium D 940 (3.2 GHz) and 4 Gb of memory. I currently dual
boot the system with XP Professional and Ubuntu 8.04 (32 bit). If I simply
install Ubuntu 8.04 (64 bit) on this system will it run the 64 bit linux
version of R? I would appreciate any advice you might be willing to offer on
this.

Tom