[R] access object inside a function

Jonas jonas73x at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 17:29:48 CEST 2008

hi,

my apologies if this has been covered numerous times before and it's
only my lack of search and/or R skills that is  stopping me from
finding the solution.
i'm trying to access an object defined and created inside a function
(the object is not returned by the function), but i can't seem to get
it to work, i keep getting an "object not found" error message. i
thought the solution where to be found in changing the
frame/environment. but i can't seem to understand how do do it
correctly. what i want to do is something like:

my.function() <- {
   function.from.package(x,y)
   plot (object.inside.package.function)
}