[R] about the 95%CI around the median...

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 4 09:00:09 CEST 2008

See ?fivenum in the stats package. If you just type

stats::fivenum

you will get the code. The crucial calculations are in the last few
lines.

Simon.

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 16:19 +0930, Fernando Marmolejo Ramos wrote:
> Dear people
>
> I've learnt that by using the "boxplot.stats" command in the "grDevices" library
> I can get the 5-number summaries of a boxplot, plus other important information,
> like the confidence interval around the median.
>
> I'm interested in knowing the actual formula to used in that package to
> calculate that confidence interval.
>
> Can someone help me with this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fernando

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
http://www.uq.edu.au/~uqsblomb
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.