[R] Major difference in multivariate analyses SPSS and R

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Aug 4 10:44:57 CEST 2008

Draga, R. wrote:

> Would somebody know how it is possible that in SPSS we get p<0.001 and
> in R we get p=0.24?
>
> And, in 'R' the 95% CI of the Odds Ratio is 6.2-14.1. Why is the
> p-value=0.24?

You asked this before and you are still not providing sufficient
information.

Harold already pointed out that excluding an important variance
component in SPSS could easily explain a difference in p values.
However, the discrepancy between CI and p value suggests that you could
be misreading the output from lmer(), and/or misspecifying the model.
Now,  you are simply not telling us

  - what you did
  - what the data are like (esp. which variables vary within and between
levels)
  - what the output was
  - which version of lmer() was used

Also you are confusing us with "variable 1", "variable 2", "variable A",
and "Var B"