[R] request for fine panel axis controls in lattice

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Tue Aug 5 15:00:31 CEST 2008

On 8/5/2008 8:37 AM, Chosid, David (FWE) wrote:
> I'm trying to use fine axis controls in lattice for each panel.
> Specifically, within each panel, I want to set the limits for x and y
> equal to each other since it is paired data (using the max value of the
> two).  Of course, I have no problems setting the limits for the entire
> plot but I am having trouble setting them for each specific panel.
> Could someone please provide me some guidance?  Thanks in advance.

   Here is an example with panel-specific limits:

library(lattice)

xyplot(Sepal.Length ~ Petal.Length | Species, data = iris, layout=c(3,1,1),
        ylim=as.data.frame(matrix(c(1,3,4.5,5.8,7,7.9), byrow=TRUE,
nrow=2)),
        xlim=as.data.frame(matrix(c(1,3,4.5,5.8,7,7.9), byrow=TRUE,
nrow=2)),
        scales=list(x=list(relation="free"),
                    y=list(relation="free")))