[R] Programming Contest

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:26:15 CEST 2008

Dear all,

for those of you who have too much time (nobody) and those who enjoy
participating in programming contests (maybe some of you), I found an
interesting site linked from reddit's programming section:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/
The actual contest is at the site: http://selfexplanatorycode.blogspot.com/
You need to find all two word anagrams from the string "documenting"
given a list of words.
The key is to write it without any comments and the code should be
rather self-explanatory even for an outsider who does not 'speak' your
programming language of choice.

Isn't R a prime candidate to do such a thing?

Maybe some of you submit some solutions to this website (and maybe also
here). I created something within 5 minutes (but it is terribly
inefficient).

Best,
Roland