[R] Legality Question about R's Open Source GNU GPL License

zerfetzen zerfetzen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 20:19:47 CEST 2008

I just wanted to let everyone know the good news, that I was approved to use
R at work by legal and compliance.  Now to begin learning here.

Speaking of, is there anyone who is an expert at R and would be willing to
have our company pay them as a consultant to come to my place of work (in
Connecticut) and tutor me (and possibly others), to pass off some R wisdom?

I have learned a lot of basics from free online R manuals, but would like
human instruction as well, if possible.  There are no specific things I'm
looking to learn at the moment, other than to gain a broader, basic working
knowledge with R.

I work in a marketing department for an insurance company, and even though I
don't have specific questions on methods in R, here is a little background.
We use multinomial logit (and have attempted some discrete choice methods)
regarding mailing campaigns.  There is also a departmental push toward
optimization methods, segmentation, as well as refining the forecasting of
call volume (those who respond to mailings).  Of course, there are many more
statistical things we do, but this should give an idea.

If anyone is interested, please call 860-276-2731.  Thanks.

PS
I apologize if I shouldn't have posted that here for any reason.