[R] RES: Merging two datasets

Leandro Marino leandro at cesgranrio.org.br
Wed Aug 6 16:25:30 CEST 2008

> merge(df1,df2,by=commonvar,all=T)

Regards,
Leandro Marino

-----Mensagem original-----
De: r-help-bounces em r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces em r-project.org]Em
nome de Shreyasee Pradhan
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 6 de agosto de 2008 11:15
Para: r-help em r-project.org
Assunto: [R] Merging two datasets

I am facing a problem in merging two datasets.
I have given codes to the names which are common in both the datasets and
also to those which are uncommon.
When I gave gave the following command

merge(df1,df2)

only those rows and columns were merged which were  having common codes.
When I viewed the results, only common codes are seen and the remaining
entries are not seen.

Can anyone guide me in this regards?
How should I merge these two datasets completely without loss of any
information?

Thanks,
Shreyasee

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]