[R] a little help for compiling R!

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Wed Aug 6 19:51:42 CEST 2008

Hi; I'm trying to install R in a computer in which I have only non-root
access, and I've got readline in a local own directory.

I cannot find my way to compile with readline. I've tried:

[sun2]/global/jgarcia/SRC/R/R-2.7.1: ./configure
--prefix=/global/jgarcia/BIN/R
--with-readline-includes=/global/jgarcia/BIN/readline/include
--with-readline-libs=/global/jgarcia/readline/lib

Pointing to my local readline directories, but this doesn't have any
effect, as I obtain:

configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are not
available

Please, could you help with this?

Best regards,
jgarcia