[R] Create new dataframes with dames from dataset...

Lars Modig eb99lamo at kth.se
Thu Aug 7 13:21:56 CEST 2008

Hi

I'm wondering if you could save new data frames with in a loop using the
names within the data frame... I.e. If you have a data frame as below

Product   Type    Test
A         One     67
A         Two     55
B         One     42
A         One     55

I would like to generate new dataframes as follow...

A.One (including)
A         One     67
A         One     55

A.Two (including)
A         Two     55

B.One (including)
B         One     42

I've so far has been able to store each data as an indexed eps picture. I
put a summary of my code below, and as you can see I'm not used to program
R, and actually it was a long time since I used C or some other software
also...

Platforms <- sort(unique(data_variable[,3])) # find all platforms sorted

length(Platforms)           # no of platforms

for(j in 1: length(Platforms)){                 #
  row_vector <- which(data_variable[,3]==Platforms[j])   #Find the first
platform
  cleaner_1 <- data_variable[row_vector,]                #store it in
cleaner_1

  Motor <- sort(unique(cleaner_1[,5]))       # find all motors for
platform 1 sorted

   for(i in 1: length(Motor)){
    row_vector <- which(cleaner_1[,5]==Motor[i])           # find the
first motor
    cleaner_type_1 <- cleaner_1[row_vector,]               # store it in
cleaner_type_1

    Data_x <-cleaner_type_1[9]
    Data_y <-cleaner_type_1[10]

    hist(Data_x[,], probability=TRUE, breaks=5, main=data_header[9])

savePlot(filename = paste(c("C:/pow",j,"_",i), collapse="") ,type = "eps")
# Save plot with order no i