[R] limits/thresholds for arrayWeights in the limma package

Radek Blatny blatny at blatny.com
Thu Aug 7 15:05:46 CEST 2008

Is there any limit ratio of between-array weight values, which one
can get using the arrayWeights() function in the limma package
<http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/7/261/abstract>? For
instance, if one array has the weight value - let's say - 4 and the
rest between 0.5 and 2, shall I keep the array and use it with the
weight array, or rather discard the one array and apply again the
arrayWeights() again and continue to results? I am particularly
interested in answers related to the mouse 430_2 chips.

Regards, Radek

Radek Blatny, MSc.
Institute of Molecular Genetics
Department of Mouse Molecular Genetics (Jiri Forejt unit)
Czech Academy of Sciences
Videnska 1083
142 20, Prague
Czech Republic