[R] Problems using hetcor (polycor)

Birgitle birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Thu Aug 7 16:13:16 CEST 2008

Thanks for all your help and the time you spent. It is now my turn to find my
way. Maybe it is enough to have the Correlations.

Final remark:

Both of your examples work and in the first case are only a few standard
errors missing. Unfortunately its not my whole dataset

Mark Difford wrote:

> Hi Birgitle,
>
>>> It seems than, that it is not possible to use all variables without
>>> somehow
>>> imputing missing values.
>
> It depends on what you are after. You can use the full data set if you set
> std.err=F and pd=F. Then exclude the columns that cause it to falter and
> redo with SEs turned on. You have the correlations; all you lack are SEs
> for ca. 5 columns.
>
> And I haven't tried your revised classification; that's for you to do.
>
> Regards, Mark.

-----
The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.
(Marcus Aurelius)