[R] Exporting a list of lists

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:26:23 CEST 2008

Hi Kevin,

check
?dump

set.seed(1234)
list1 <- list(a1=rnorm(100), a2=rnorm(10))
list2 <- list(a1=rnorm(50), a2=rnorm(25))

mylist <- list(top1=list1, top2=list2)
dump(list="mylist", file="mydumpedlist.r")
rm(mylist)

# please note that you have to quote the name
# of the object(s) you want to dump!

source("mydumpedlist.r")
ls()

I hope this helps,