[R] tkentry that exits after RETURN?

Ben Bolker bolker at zoology.ufl.edu
Mon Aug 11 20:23:06 CEST 2008

   I can set up an entry widget (thanks to an old
post by Barry Rowlingson) that gets a password and
exits when the user clicks on the "OK" button.

   Anyone have any clever ideas for returning/
destroying the window when the user types a carriage
return/ENTER in the text window?  I've messed around
a little with validate, validatecommand, but don't
see any obvious way to do it ...

getPassword <- function(){
    require(tcltk)
    tt <- tktoplevel()
    pass=tclVar("")
    label.widget <- tklabel(tt, text="Enter Password")
    password.widget <- tkentry(tt,show="*",textvariable=pass)
    ok <- tkbutton(tt,text="OK",default="active",
                   command=function()tkdestroy(tt))
    tkpack(label.widget, password.widget,ok)
    tkwait.window(tt)
    return(tclvalue(pass))
}

   thanks