[R] unable to start device JPEG in linux

Bachas cbachas at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:25:48 CEST 2008

I have half a solution:
bitmap(file="filename.jpg",type="jpeg");  works to generate a jpeg file.
However, I want my plots to be stored in single jpeg files and I can't get
this to work:
bitmap(file="Rplot%03d.jpg",onefile=FALSE,type="jpeg");
it overwrites my Rplot001.jpg file.

Any one additional comments on how to generate multiple jpeg files?