[R] missing TRUE/FALSE error in conditional construct

rcoder mpdotbook at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 00:16:46 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I posted something similar to this in reply to another post, but there seems
to be a problem getting it onto the board, so I'm starting a new post.

I am trying to use conditional formatting to select non-zero and non-NaN
values from a matrix and pass them into another matrix. The problem is that
I keep encountering an error message indicating the ":missing value where
TRUE/FALSE needed "

My code is as follows:

##Code Start
mat_zeroless<-matrix(NA,5000,2000) #generating holding matrix

##Assume source matrix containing combination of values, NaNs and zeros##
for (j in 1:5000)
        {
for (k in 1:2000)
{
if(mat[j,k]!=0 & !is.NaN(mat[j,k])) {mat_zeroless[j,k]<-mat[j,k]}
}
        }
##Code End

Error in if (mat[j,k] !=0 & !is.NaN(mat[j,k])) { :missing value where
TRUE/FALSE needed

I'm not sure how to resolve this.

rcoder