[R] help with my sloppy syntax

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Thu Aug 14 17:46:11 CEST 2008

Thank you Professor Ripley:

>From your response it is clear that I left out something important, for
which I apologize.

Part of the et cetera is another list.  Your method, which would work
otherwise, also converts the other list to its members.  The program being
called has an argument list like (a, b, c, d, e, w, x, y, z) where z is a
list but the other elements are single variables (not lists or vectors).

I have the values of (a, b, c, d, e) returned from the R function "optim" as
results$par.  I wish to call my function with those values, some others, and
finally with that other list, z.

Is there a way to do this without defining another variable "var" and
listing its elements without the undesirable unlisting that terminal
variable z?

Thank you.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com