[R] x axis with multhist

Nathan Clement nathanlclement at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 00:34:30 CEST 2008

I have lots of data that needs to be viewed as a histogram, and I've
found the multhist package to work quite nicely--for the most part.
The only problem is that I can't figure out a way to get the x-axis to
make any logical sense.  I have a data set with exactly 26 different
values, but when I try and plot it with multhist, There are tick marks
at 0.5, 3.5...26.  When I enlarge the screen, instead of changing the
differences between the smaller values, multhist will simply double
some of the larger values (ie 22, 24...).
I've tried turning off the axes (I can only get the y-axis to turn
off), using

multhist(l7,breaks=26,axes=F)

Most of the other arguments (names.arg, lab, even using
plot(multhist(l7)) ) didn't have any effect on the graph.

Is there any way I could accomplish this?

Thanks,
Nathan