[R] Axes in filled.contour plots

hippie dream tonightsthenight at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:31:37 CEST 2008

Jim,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Axis.mult could definitely work so me
although there still appear to be a couple hiccups. I've included a .png
file of my plot rather than trying to explain it. I have for explanatory
purpose not called to plot with "axes=F". This illustrates that the
axis.mult call produces an axis with the proper labels but widens out the
axis for some reason. So the overlapping axes are here on purpose just to
show the problem.

Here is what I used:

filled.contour(contour, axes=FALSE, frame.plot=TRUE, color=terrain.colors)
axis.mult(side=1,mult=0.001,mult.label="Width (cm)")

So is there any way with axis.mult to produce the axes with the same scale
as the original? This is bringing me closer for sure. Thanks again.

Sam

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19021692/test.png test.png