[R] exporting adaBoost model

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:31:06 CEST 2008

One way to port these kinds of models between applications is the
Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML). The R package 'PMML' supports
linear regression, rpart, SVM, and others, not adaBoost. On the other
side, not even the Python machine learning library Orange does have
an import function for PMML.

Perhaps a more attractive possibility is to call R functions from Python
through the 'Rpy' <http://rpy.sourceforge.net/> Python interface to R.
You could send data from Python to R for being handled by adaBoost and
get back the results. Of course, R and Python need be installed on your
machine and you cannot generate a single executable.,

//  Hans Werner Borchers