[R] post hoc tests two way repeated measures anova

Jean-Pierre Bresciani bresciani at tuebingen.mpg.de
Mon Aug 18 15:02:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

and thanks for the advices. I actually tried using 'lme', but haven't
figured out the appropriate syntax to get the random error correct with
repeated measures.
let's say i have 3 independent variables, with 'aov', i would write
something like: aov(dep_var~(indep_var1*indep_var2*indep_var3) +
Error(subject/(indep_var1*indep_var2*indep_var3)).

With 'lme' however, i can't find the right formula. i tried things like:
lme(dep_var~(indep_var1*indep_var2*indep_var3), random = ~1|subject) or
nesting my independent variables in 'subject', but those are obviously wrong
with my design.

i'm quite clueless (and i haven't found any convincing piece of information
about how to correctly use 'lme' or 'lmer'). So, any advice along that line
is more than welcome.

JP