[R] Restricted Least Squares

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Aug 19 17:46:12 CEST 2008

Nelson,

It sounds like you should create a factor (or some factors) for your dummy variables, then use contr.sum to automatically create the dummy variables for you such that the coeficients would sum to 0.  See ?C, ?contrasts,
?contr.sum, and ?dummy.coef for details.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org