[R] spatial probit/logit for prediction

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Aug 20 13:02:12 CEST 2008

Freeman, Robert <rfreeman <at> emcc.edu> writes:

> I am wondering if there is a way to do a spatial error probit/logit
> model in R?  I can't seem to find it in any of
> the packages.  I can do it in MATLAB with Gibbs sampling, but would
> like to confirm the results.  Ideally I
> would like to use this model to predict probability of parcel
> conversion in a future time period.  This
> seems especially difficult in a binary outcome model setting.

There are no such functions (as far as I know) in any package on CRAN
for a spatial weights matrix based approach based say on contiguities.
You could consider asking on the R-sig-geo list, and/or reviewing
http://leg.ufpr.br/Rcitrus/, which may prove helpful (especially
if you know Portuguese).

Roger