[R] How to send Html using SQL Server db mail

Bos, Roger roger.bos at us.rothschild.com
Wed Aug 20 18:12:02 CEST 2008

All,

I have a variable called `go` and it has a single quote in the name
column of line 47 that I am trying to get rid of.  I have tried using
gsub, but I cannot get the syntax correct to tell R to remove the '
(single quote).

> go[47,]
    gvkey Symbol                    Name   Rank MarketCap MemoDate
Action Analyst Reason SharesHeld
75 065105     BJ BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB INC 0.9579   2258.24     <NA>
<NA>    <NA>   <NA>       <NA>

I have tried every combination I could think of, some of them being:
gsub(go, `'`, ` `)
gsub(go, "'", " ")
gsub(go, "\'S", " S")
gsub(go, "'S", "S")

I understand the problem is that R interprets the single quote as a
single quote instead of a character that I want to remove, but I don't
know how to tell R that I want to identiy the single quote and remove
it. This is probably easy for some, but to me it seems much more
difficult than it should be.

Thanks,

Roger

********************************************************************** *
This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment
of this message is waived or lost by any error in
transmission. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail,
delete the message and all copies from your system and destroy
any hard copies. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.