[R] which alternative tests instead of AIC/BIC for choosing models

Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com
Thu Aug 21 14:24:29 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Try the following reference:

Implementing Statistical Criteria To Select Return Forecasting Models:
What do We Learn? By Peter Bossaerts and Pierre Hillion, Review of
Financial Studies, Vol. 12, No. 2.

I have created an R function which implements Bossearts and Hillion's
methodologies. If you need it, I will more than happy to post them
online.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Kind Regards,

Pedro N.