[R] lme questions re: repeated measures & covariance structure

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at agr.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Aug 22 17:56:18 CEST 2008

Dear Mark,

I would include the repeated measure as the smallest stratum in the random effects specification:

random=~1|sampleunit/year

Setting up user-defined variance structures should be possible using for example:

weights=varPower(form=~habitat)

or also try out the available corStruct() classes (found in Pinheiro and Bates 2000)

HTH
Christoph

--
Dr. rer.nat. Christoph Scherber