[R] contour plots

Sybille Wendel Sibilino at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 16:17:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

I want to make a contour plot.

I have a matrix (nrow=4,ncol=58) .

and two lists, one with 4 values (the depths) and one with 58 values (time in days)( Depth (should be                 later on the y-axis),and Time(should be later on the x-axis))

In the matrix there is the temperature for a specified depth and time. there are missing values (NAs).

I also put ranges for x-,y-,zlim.

I tried this:
contour(....)
filled.contour(...)
contourplot(...)

But R always tells me the error, that there are not enough x or y values. How can I solve the problem?

I also looked in the mailing list, but I didn't find some similar problems.
Thanks a lot for your help!

best wishes, Sybille