[R] ggplot scale_size - is there any way to specify breaks?

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:52:29 CEST 2008

> Is there any way to specify a range to scale_size()? There is an option
> called "breaks" in scale_size_identity() that does what I want. Is there
> something similar for scale_size()?

Not in the released version, but there is in the development version -
all scales now take a limits argument which lets you set the limits
independently of the data.  I'm hoping to release the next version in
the next couple of months.  Until then, you could do something like:

dummy <- data.frame(Score = range(dataset$Score))
qplot(...) + geom_point(aes(x=1, y=1), data=dummy, colour = NA)

This adds a layer with two invisible points that force the size scale
to expand to the maximum extend needed.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/