[R] Output to Latex using Memisc almost works

Martin Elff elff at sowi.uni-mannheim.de
Tue Aug 26 01:03:03 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 (15:36:50), Eelke wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using memisc to output regression results to tables and latex. My
> problem is that the output that Latex needs must be in between $  $ so that
> it is read as formula but memisc does not output the result between $ $.
> For example, latex needs: $0.05^{***}$  and memisc outputs 0.05^{***} in an
> entry.
> I am new to Latex and I imagine it could also be a latex 'problem' and not
> necessarily memisc.
I would suggest you put
"\usepackage{dcolumn}" into the preamble of your LaTeX file. This will
automagically insert the dollars into the columns.

memisc's mtable function works fine with that (at least in my
experience, I use it on a regular basis as one might suspect :-)

Cheers,

Martin

Dr. Martin Elff
Department of Social Sciences