[R] ggplot2: problem with large fonts and overlapping labels

Paul Emberson email at calidasoft.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 17:58:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using ggplot2 to generate graphs for a paper I am writing in two
column format.  When I shrink the graphs to fit in a single column, the
graph is clear but the axis and tick labels are way too small.

I have increased the font sizes by manipulating the grid.  However, when
I do this the tick labels and axis labels get very close or even
overlap, especially on the y-axis.  Is there a way to increase the
margin between tick labels and axis labels with ggplot or by
manipulating the grid?

Regards,

Paul