[R] Linear model with one known coordinate

abaresic anya at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 28 11:16:37 CEST 2008

Dear All,
I have a question which seems trivial, but I reached a dead end.
I have a set of points (measurements) and I used lm() to obtain their linear
regression model. From the biological background this line must pass through
a point (100,0). Our dataset is not optimal and it shows a slight deviation
from that coordinate. How can I add the restraint to the model, to go
through that point?

Any help would be appreciated.

Anya Baresic, PhD Student
Research Department of Structural and Molecular Biology
University College London
anya at biochem.ucl.ac.uk