[R] svymeans question

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 28 20:06:23 CEST 2008

Other people have explained that the issue is missing data.  I just wanted
to note that the reason for using only the complete cases on all variables
is that svymeans() computes the covariance matrix of all the means, and
this can't really be done sensibly when the means are based on different
subsets.

 	-thomas