[R] [Fwd: ***HTML***R help]

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sat Aug 30 15:18:42 CEST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ***HTML***R help
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:30:48 +0530
From: sayeed hussain <sayeedhussain19 at gmail.com>
To: ff809 at ncf.ca

Hello there

I am stuck with a problem and I need help
---------------------------
R has a defined function sum()

I by chance defined a function with same name

sum<-function(type='public')
{

}

and now I m not able to get rid of my sum() fuction. Every time i use sum()
my sum function gets called and not the R's built in one...

I have  uninstalled R and then re-installed it but its not working. I dont
understand how thats possible?

Sayeed:

Wish I could help, but I have no idea why this would be happening. I've
bounced this into the R Help group where there are more knowledgeable and
experienced people who should be able to answer you without any problem

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

"They know not the old ways. That shall be their undoing..."

---