[R] writing text and output to file with flexibility

Katharine Mullen kate at few.vu.nl
Sat Aug 30 23:53:07 CEST 2008

you can combine write and write.table, using append=TRUE.

e.g.,

write1 <- function(txt, mat, filename) {
  for(i in 1:length(txt)) {
    write(txt[i], file=filename, append=i!=1)
    write.table(mat[[i]], file=filename, append=TRUE,sep ="\t")
  }
}

t <- c("text1", "text2", "text3")
m <- list(matrix(0,2,2), matrix(1,2,1), matrix(2,3,2))
write1(t, m, "x.txt")