[R] How to do parallel computation?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Aug 31 22:49:42 CEST 2008

On 31 August 2008 at 10:53, ZT2008 wrote:
| Is it possible to do parallel computation in R?

Yes.

| How?

MPI, PVM, NWS, Snow, ...

You could have a look at the slides from my introductory tutorial at useR!
earlier this months. About one-third of the material was about parallel
computing approaches to R. It's at the top of this page:

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/presentations.html

Some other talks I gave at earlier conferences cover some of this too.

Of course, other talks from the conference may be relevant for you too. See
the 'Presentation' link at http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/

Hope this helps, Dirk